This program is designed for would-be creative entrepreneurs such as visual artists, performing artists, artisans, music producers, creative hub operators, and arts organisations in Penang, open to participation by individuals and organisations with an existing business/enterprise or initiative.
The objectives of the program are:
- To provide creative entrepreneurs a learning environment combining academic theory with practical and real-world application
- To bring together creative capabilities through peer-learning and mentorship
- To build an interconnected ecosystem and network of creative community in Penang
The teaching and learning activities in the program are based on real-world situations which involve Malaysian industry practitioners who will act as advisors through live sessions where participants can seek advice and mentorship, narrowing the gap between theory and practice.
The structure of the program will be a mix of synchronous (live online group sessions) and asynchronous (online learning) sessions which allows for self-paced learning with a flexible opportunity for peer sharing.
- Creative Economy in the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Application of Design Thinking Framework
- Value Proposition Canvas
- Empathy Mapping
- Customer Journeys
- Business Model Canvas
- Financial, Revenues and Costs
- Business Structures and Funding Sources
- Intellectual Property, Law & Taxation, and Legal Matters
- Branding & Identity
- Marketing Strategy
- Consumer/Audience Analysis
- Social Media & Digital Adaptation
- Business Pitch
- Asynchronous sessions are 2-weeks duration online learning with reading materials and assignments to be completed by participants according to their own flexible schedule
- Synchronous sessions are live online discussions reflecting on the asynchronous lessons, with coaching, and conducted on Friday and Saturday from 9AM to 5PM
Full Program Details
RM 300 (organisations/company may register up to two (2) persons)
Seats are limited, thus registration will be evaluated based on maturity and level of progress of the creative enterprise/business or individuals to benefit the most out of this program.
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION:
30 DECEMBER 2020 EXTENDED TO 7 JANUARY 2021
Local Industry Experts
Details coming soon
Program Delivery Partner & Facilitator
About Thames International Business School
Thames International started in 1999 as the Philippine’s first international college offering UK-based programs. In 2018, Thames began its transformation in providing blended and online education. The school’s heritage as a non-traditional academic trailblazer allowed a seamless transition, in March of 2020, to a 100% online system during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Over the years, Thames has evolved but its Purpose in developing the Novus Ordus (New Order) of entrepreneurs and professionals has been further clarified: To mold pathfinders that will drive positive social impact in a Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, and Ambiguous (VUCA) world. Thames proudly continues its 20-year history of educational innovation.
Innovation & Creative Entrepreneurship (ICE)
In the context of an increasing Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) world, access to efficient and practical education whilst narrowing the gap between theory and practice is the key. Hence, the Innovation and Creative Entrepreneurship (ICE) symmetrically combines academic theory with practical and real-world application with a program designed for entrepreneurs needing to innovate and pivot their business.
Learn and participate in a shorter, but more intensive program, with a combination of synchronous and asynchronous classes with mentoring, that will allow a quicker application of the learning to your business or projects.