Participant is required to email a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following details before the closing date:
- the Participant’s NRIC;
- the title of the artwork for this competition;
- the year of production of the artwork for this competition;
- the dimension (Length x Width x Thickness) of the artwork for this competition;
- the medium(s) and message intended to be conveyed of the artwork for this competition; and
- the images of the artwork for this competition
TERMS AND CONDITION
- PAD Spotlight (“the Competition”) is open to all Malaysian citizens and Permanent Residents of Malaysia aged between 17 and 29 years old excluding the employees of Penang Art District and their immediate family members, its promotion agencies, advertising agencies, PR agencies and any associate companies.
- This Competition is held in Malaysia only.
- Each participant is only allowed to submit ONE entry.
- Medium is open and can include acrylics, oil painting, silkscreen, collage, ink, mixed media, wood, canvas, metal, cloth and others.
- The finished artwork can be in any shape or form provided it is 2-dimensional hanging display within the minimum of 2ft x 2ft or a maximum size of 5ft x 5ft.
- The quality of the photo for the application has to be 1000×1000 px minimum, more than 72 dpi
- The artwork(s) submitted by the Participants must be originally produced by the Participant.
- Any participant found to have submitted more than one entry per category shall be disqualified.
- All artwork will be judged based on the following criteria and each criteria will carry 25%:
- Originality and creativity
- Concept and ideas
- Use of medium / Artistic finish
- Overall impression
- All costs incurred in participating in this Competition (including the framing of the artworks) shall be at the sole expense of the participants.
- The organiser reserves the right to extend any date specified for the Competition contain herein and the decision will be made at the sole discretion of Penang Art District.
- The organiser reserves the right to change, suspend or vary the Competition’s Terms and Conditions contain herein at any time, wholly or in part by way of posting such changes on Penang Art District’s official website or in any other way deemed suitable by the organiser without prior notice to the participants and the decision will be made at the sole discretion of Penang Art District.
- By participating in this Competition, the participants agree to be bound by the Competition terms and conditions contain herein (“Terms and Conditions”) and to the decisions of Penang Art District shall be final and binding in all respects.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by laws of Malaysia and the participants hereby agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Malaysia and consent to service of process by mail or in any other manner permitted by the laws of Malaysia.
- A waiver (whether expressed or implied) by Penang Art District of any of these Terms and Conditions or of any breach of or default by a participant in performing any of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a continuing waiver and that waiver shall not prevent the organizer from acting on any subsequent breach of or default by the participants under these Terms and Conditions.
- Penang Art District shall not be responsible nor shall accept any liabilities of any nature and however arising or suffered by the participants and/or any third parties resulting directly or indirectly from the conduct of the participants to participate in this Competition.