Extension Wing Atrium (Near Superdry), Gurney Plaza, Penang
Categories & Schedule
|12 years old and below||11:00 am to 3:00 pm|
|13 – 18 years old||4:00 pm to 8:00 pm|
** Prize giving ceremony on 30 March 2019
Every participant who enters the competition will receive a certificate. In each category, three prizes will be awarded:
1st RM500 cash + RM200 Writer voucher + Trophy
2nd RM300 cash + RM200 Writer voucher + Trophy
3rd RM150 cash + RM200 Writer voucher + Trophy
- Entrants must be 18 years old or younger and a Malaysian citizen or resident.
- Only individuals may enter; group entries will not be considered.
- Entry for this competition is free of charge.
- Entrants must complete their artwork at the designated competition area at Gurney Plaza on 23 March 2019, Saturday, between 11:00 am to 3:00 pm (for Under 12 Category) or 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm (for Under 18 Category).
- The Organizer will only provide A3 art paper to the entrants.
- Entrants are required to bring their own colouring materials such as crayons, water colour, colour pencils, markers, chalk or pastels, collage, cleaning cloths or napkins.
- Chairs and tables will not be provided but entrants are allowed to bring their own.
- Each artwork submitted must be accompanied by the completed registration form and consent form.
- Entrants are allowed to enter multiple pieces. Multiple entries must have its own registration form and consent form attached.
- The Organizer is not responsible for entries that are late, damaged or lost.
- The Organizer reserve the right to terminate the Competition or to modify the Competition rules and Terms within the Competition Period by amending the Terms and Conditions at its sole and absolute discretion. Any such modifications shall be notified via the Competition website or communicated directly with entrants, and such modifications shall be immediately effective and apply to all entries, including entries that have been submitted to the Organizer.
Judging and Prize Presentation
- The submitted artwork will be judged by a panel made up of YB Yeoh Soon Hin, Penang Exco for Tourism Development, Arts, Culture and Heritage, representatives from Penang Art District and two artists. Judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Fifteen (15) shortlisted entries from both categories will be displayed between 24th March to 28th March 2019 at the Ground Floor of Gurney Plaza for public voting.
- Top three (3) artworks with the most number of public votes combine with scores received from the judges from each category will be selected as the winners for the art competition.
- Presentation of the prizes will be done on the main stage at the Ground Floor of Gurney Plaza on 30 March, 2019.
- All entrants and their families are invited to the prize giving ceremony and reception.
- The winning artworks will be featured on Penang Art District’s website and Facebook page**